There is no such thing as a 'one-size-fits-all' approach when it comes to board reviews. To be truly effective, each must be tailored to the culture and goals of a particular board and the organization. The TQ Board Review is an eight-week process that begins with a due diligence phase, followed by in-depth feedback gathering and group observations. The result is a detailed, comprehensive report that includes individual and collective developmental recommendations.
- Recognize any significant organizational changes on the horizon.
- Identify directors unsure of the board dynamic and are thus disconnected.
- Address any challenging dynamics between individual directors or between directors and members of the management team.
- Determine if the board spends too much time focusing on non-critical issues.
- Focus attention on key issues.
- Increase trust among board members and improve team dynamics.
- Identify gaps in skills required to take the organization to the next level and ensure skills and expertise are being effectively utilized.
- Improve decision-making.
- Promote better time management and more efficient meetings.
- Demonstrate commitment to effective governance.
- Clarify director roles, duties and responsibilities.
- Encourage active participation.